Thursday, February 24, 2005

Forms and more forms

Monday I finished our personal income taxes which provide the necessary data to complete two FAFSAs (Free Applications for Federal Student Aid) and one College Board profile so that two universities can determine how much money we should be able to provide for our two college students next year. Tonight I submitted the financial aid forms online. Whew! Four days to spare. Now I can move on to other, equally pressing deadlines.

So when am I supposed to have time to think deep thoughts for my blog?

It took me a while to figure out that I wouldn't have to complete a FAFSA for my oldest this year. She's graduating. No more FAFSAs for her. No more claiming her on our taxes. Unless she opts for graduate school, August will no longer mean a move back to college for her.

It's taking me a bit to adjust to this new stage in life. She always has been the one to step into these new experiences first, leading the way for her brother and sister. I can see why oldest children develop different traits than middle and youngest children. (I'm a middle child myself.)

No comments: