Sunday, March 06, 2005

Finding My Voice

As I read the blogs of others, I realize that the best blogs have a theme. The writer has a particular interest and addresses it. What would that interest be for me?

Do I want a diary? (Today I washed the sheets and hung them on the line to dry.)

Do I want a journal? (How pleasant it was to breathe in the fresh scent of the sheets today when retrieving them from the line!)

Will I write about gardening? Parenting? Life at the public library? Small town living? My spiritual journey? Marriage? The empty nest? Music? Books? Probably not movies or television since I so seldom watch either.

Shall I choose a theme or will one gradually find its way to the surface as I write?

I know someone who keeps three blogs -- a personal blog, a reading blog, and a thinking blog. That's besides the articles he posts on his website. I think if I tried that, I would end up neglecting all except one.

I've called my blog "Ponderings". Maybe for now I'll simply ponder as to what I should ponder about.

No comments: