Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Queue

When I think about the idea of blogging regularly (daily or weekly), I see a need for planning -- having posts "on deck" in various stages of preparation; having a plan, a schedule; working ahead.

Or maybe I simply need to sit and type for a few minutes on a regular basis and allow some of the thoughts swirling in my head to make their way out.  It would be easier, however, if those thoughts never involved the private lives of other people.  Do I simply eliminate any references to the people who shape my days?  Do I blur their faces in my verbal photos of them?

Insert photo here.  (One thing I need to do is enroll you, the reader, to do your own photography.  It will save me so much time.  I am too lazy/busy/preoccupied to find photos to accompany my thoughts the way the best bloggers do.  The photos I need already exist in your head, anyway. You just need to pull them up.  You can help me out right now by reviewing a video from your memory banks of an interview with an unidentified person whose face is blurred and whose voice is electronically disguised.  See how that's even better than the photo I would have included?  Thanks for playing along today.)

My daughter has resurrected her blog here.  Seeing her actively writing is inspiring to me.  Maybe I'll start ...  Well, we'll see.  Maybe it will be another four months before my next post.  I wonder what the minimum frequency is for being an active blogger.

Related post:  The Problem with Blogs

No comments: